Wednesday, June 16, 2010

omg. this is really happening

I just received a phone call from my surgeon's office. I have been approved by my insurance company for gastric bypass surgery! I am so excited/nervous I can't believe this is really happening. I know that it's irrational to believe that my life will be better when I lose weight. People who say this are the same people who say that money doesn't buy happiness. I say, if I were thin and rich, I would be happier and my life would be better. Seriously - fat and broke isn't exactly inspirational.

I love my family, my hubs is very supportive of the surgery (why wouldn't he be - he's got the prospects of having a smoking hot wife) and my extended family is great. Hell, my dad will be the only person in my family NOT to have weight loss surgery after I get mine... genetics, perhaps??? I don't think I'll tell the kiddos. J is 6 yrs old and a total worry wart. L won't care - he's 3, almost 4 and if I am not a dinosaur or a car, I don't exist. j is my 16 mo old. We might have a heart-to-heart. She's a fantastic confidant.

They gave me the tentative date of July 9th for surgery. I guess I need to get my "before" pics snapped soon...

HOLY CRAP!

No comments: